Friday, February 18, 2011

Push-Pin Board Makeover!

I found this Push-Pin board at a thrift store for 2 bucks...
(P.S. Sorry about the pictures--I took them at night, so no natural light! Just the lovely florescents in my kitchen!)
I liked the mustard yellow center and decided to bring it home and see what I could come up with...
This was my ending result tonight...

The frame is a touch more "Aqua" than I hoped for, but it is fun!


I made the roses out of colored burlap from hobby lobby...
Here's how:

1. Cut burlap into 1 1/2-2 inch strips. The burlap I purchased was 48 inches in width, and I cut it in half, so my strips were 1/5 x 24. For bigger flowers, just cut a longer strip of burlap.

2. Fold one strip in half, length-wise. Burlap is nice, because it will hold its shape better than fabric, so you don't have to iron it down.

3. Starting at one end, begin to roll the folded strip around itself, pulling tightly as you go. Every circle or two that you make, add a little hot glue.

4. When you're to the end, just hot glue it down into place, against the side of the flower where it ended. Let dry completely.

5. You'll have one smooth side... and one shabby side!

Tah- Dah!!

ITEMS YOU NEED:
  • burlap
  • hot glue gun
For frame project (as pictured):
  • frame
  • paint
  • sand paper (to antique the paint job!)

No comments:

Post a Comment